Is your 20-Something ready (as in mature enough) to marry?
EEK! Your little baby, a 20-Something, is tying the marriage knot.
Here is a checklist to determine if he/she is sufficiently prepared for matrimony.
- Pays own cell phone bill
- Able to kill a spider by self
- Wisdom teeth (and some wisdom) have appeared
- Can cook as well as the average contestant on The Next Food Network Star
- No longer clings to bath toys, Barbie Dolls, or fave stuffed animals
- Dresses self in a manner that does not embarrass the family or invoke ridicule from perfect strangers and imperfect loved ones
- Adequately weaned
- Can handle the crazy stress of a (yikes!) wedding
- No longer spends inordinate time with imaginary friend, Mr. Bunny
- Does not suffer acute hearing damage from years of helicopter parents’ hovering
- Demonstrates social maturity: Can spot a “little person” on the street without pointing and giggling
- Has that “thumb suck, chew, biting” habit licked
- Fills car gas tank by self
- Has kicked that video game addiction
- Demonstrates reasonable sharing skills: For example, if there is only one red velvet cupcake left… do you scoff it down immediately in a mad conquest OR do you cut it in half and leave the smaller half for your soon-to-be husband/wife?
- No longer insists boo-boos be kissed
Your comments are welcome! Please tweet me at @Habarb on Twitter