July is National Boredom Month, and so I celebrate boredom. Come on, cultivate your ennui.
And may the force be with you.
- If you are feeling bored lately, here are 7 HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS to shake ya outta that weary funk:
1. READ A BOOK. WTF why not – How ’bout a clever book about boredom?
ANATOMY OF BOREDOM – Boredom: A Lively History by Peter Toohey (via BrainPickings!)
2. PLAY OLD SCHOOL SCRABBLE – or a “bored game” of your choice – ‘TIL YOUR EYES BLEED or ‘TIL NOBODY IN YOUR FAMILY IS SPEAKING TO YOU.
3. Catch up with the 21st century. Go electronic with Scrabble Flash.
4. DRINK, preferably with friends (FB friends don’t count) and when in a jolly mood. Wine away.
5. Join a club. Hmmm, here’s one!
7. HIT the “celebrity news.” Reading about how bored senseless Paris Hilton and/or Lindsay Lohan are – with all their money, glam, beauty, youth, personal assistants, movie star friends, toys, talents, trainers, and resources – will help you focus on your own blessings…
like “Thank God, I can’t afford a cocaine habit,” or “Good thing I don’t have to worry about totaling my Porsche Carrera 997 S,” or “Darn, I don’t have anything to wear to my court appearance today.”
I Feel Your Pain by Barb Best is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.